Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Forester
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2009 Forester, and noticed a funny odor yesterday, now today, the driver side front floor board is wet, and the fluid smells like antifreeze. Bad heater core? Wouldn't that get the passenger side wet? Coincidentally, my car needed a jump today, but the battery is original so 76 months old, so I just replaced today. Anyone else have this problem around 95,000 miles?

A failed Subaru Forester heater core can result in the car windows fogging up, coolant leaking under the dashboard, a sweet smell inside the vehicle, and mystery coolant loss. But would that leak occur on the driver side only??

So CarX had the best quote to install a new heater core, $750. Also have to recharge the AC afterwards, because the AC has to be moved or disconnected to get to the heater core. The dealer quote was $1200-$1400, but using OEM parts, and giving 12 month, 12,000 mile warranty.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
40,886 Posts
@Phitau welcome to the forum from Oregon!

Please complete your "Public Profile"! Not completing your Public Profile could result in your thread(s) being closed... locked or your thread post(s) being deleted!
Bobby...

['07 FSXT Member Journal] ['03 X Member Journal]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts