Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

41 - 60 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
09 XS Premium A/T
95 Posts
thanks for the inspiration Cuddles and especially the pics on dash removal. this was one of the first threads i bookmarked after listening to my stock stereo and joining this site. 'specially liked the first part of Step 6 when doing the soldering.

·
Registered
2010 FXT 4EAT
86 Posts
Where are you guys getting your antenna adapters for the 2010 models? Wife's car needs one bad and she's starting to get upset that the local shops don't stock one.

·
Registered
2010 FXT 4EAT
86 Posts
Yea. That's what I've been told, but the problem is that mine has a little gray plug in clip instead of an actual antenna jack. I'd post pics but I'd have to dig the deck out of the garage somewhere. Vehicle is a 2010 xt with the 6 disc and factory tweeters if it makes a difference.

·
Registered
1996 SVX
473 Posts
Maybe because his is a 2010 and yours is a 2009? :shrug:

I haven't figured out the pattern yet. It seems some recent Subarus use the new, proprietary antenna plug yet others still have the Motorola plug. And some cars have the new plug, but Subaru already includes an adapter to convert to Motorola.

mavisky and Cuddles -- What is the model number printed on the front of your factory radio? That should give a way that other people can tell before they look behind the radio.

·
Registered
09 Forester 2.5X
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Maybe because his is a 2010 and yours is a 2009? :shrug:

I haven't figured out the pattern yet. It seems some recent Subarus use the new, proprietary antenna plug yet others still have the Motorola plug. And some cars have the new plug, but Subaru already includes an adapter to convert to Motorola.

mavisky and Cuddles -- What is the model number printed on the front of your factory radio? That should give a way that other people can tell before they look behind the radio.

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,436 Posts
I added a link to this thread in the knowledge base.

·
Registered
2010 Forester
2 Posts
Great instructions!

Just a quick note to say thanks to Cuddles for posting the pics and instructions. I bought a 2010 Forester over the summer and just got a Nav system, traffic receiver and bluetooth adapter that I intend to install.

I got the dashboard apart with the help of those great pics, then realized I don't have the time right now to finish.

Very helpful post! I'll be back...

·
Registered
2010 2.5X Premium 5MT
31 Posts
Thanks.

So the 1-CD model CP603U1 has a Motorola jack.

The 6-CD model PP643U6 has the proprietary Subaru jack.

I should start a thread for this...
I can confirm the 1-CD model CP604U1 in the 2010 Premium
has the standard moto jack, as well.

-B

·
Registered
15 FORESTER CVT
314 Posts
Speaking of Crutchfield there real close to me (1/2 hour) and have two retail stores in my area. The point is that the retail stores carry all the catalogue stuff (of course) and also take care of the returns, scratch & dent inventory, etc. If anyone is looking for something special give me a shout because there pricing on these items is fantastic. I helped my buddy put in a scratch & dent (I didn't see anything wrong) head-unit that normally sales for something like $450.00 and he payed less then half that for it.

·
Registered
2009 2.5X & 2000 LGT 4EAT & 5MT
47 Posts
Thanks Cuddles, markyh and SVXdc!
Great writeup. I'll be tackling this shortly due to the horrible sound quality we currently get to 'enjoy'.

SVXdc, did you ever figure anything out as far as steering wheel controls? I know markyh posted up the Axxess option, but I was curious if you came up with anything.

41 - 60 of 80 Posts