Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. This may have been discussed already, so sorry if it has. We have a Subaru Forester 2009. When the cabin air outlet option is set to windscreen (demist), the source is fixed to fresh, and the recirc. option will not work. This is frustrating when in traffic or smoky areas. Is there a way of changing this so that recirc. can operate independently of the vent position? Thanks.

·
Registered
2014 2.5i Limited CVT
379 Posts
I think it's more than just Australian. The concept behind it is that recirculated air would defeat the purpose of defrost/demist of the windshield, as you're just using the same air over and over and over again, not clearing the mist from the inside... at least for those Foz without those manual slider controls (do they still exist?!?).

From my 2014 Foz (yes, I know, different generation) - this is in the owner's manual...

When the “ ” or “ ” mode is selected, the air conditioner compressor
operates automatically regardless of the position of the air conditioner
button to defrost the windshield more quickly. However the indicator on
the air conditioner button will not illuminate. At the same time, the air inlet

selection is automatically set to the outside air mode.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi all. I solved my query while customising another issue. When the vents are pointing to the windscreen, the air con automatically turns on and cannot be turned off. This workflow changes this feature:

Once I completed this, I discovered that the recirc option can now be turned on or off whenever I want it to - it is not forced to be on fresh air mode when the vents are blowing at the windscreen. Fantastic! Presumably the same switch overrides the user settings for both the air con and the recirc.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts