Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Forester x limited
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, my car is an 09 forester N/A (ej255) so cyl 1 is misfiring and the injector is constantly dumping fuel. So I’ve had engine problems for a about a month and I’m trying to find the problem. It started to shutter at 3000rpm and buck like it was missing. It’s progressively gotten worse and worse to where the car isn’t drivable. I’ve got new cats, new o2 sensors, new ish plugs with maybe 15k on them gapped to .040, new wires, coil pack, new map sensor, new maf sensor, cleaned throttle body butterfly valve, also has a new walbro 255lph fuel pump. so I spent Monday swapping injectors to see if my injectors are the problem, and the injectors are fine. My fuel system doesn’t have a regulator on it and I found that it’s running at 95psi instead of where it needs to be at around 40psi. 42psi I think. I have an aem regulator on the way. But I took a meter to the connectors on cyl 1 & 3 and they’re getting constant power. Instead of fluctuating like they should. So what could be my problem? ECU? Camshaft position sensor? Crankshaft position sensor? Anyone’s input would greatly be appreciated.

·
Registered
2009 Forester x limited
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SOLVED!!!! Clogged downstream cat was the cause of my problem! Thought I had flushed all debris out of it when my old upstream cat blew apart. “Replaced” it and its running like new

1 - 4 of 4 Posts