Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 Forester and the passenger back seat release pulled off in my hand. How do I repair?

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have a 2009 Forester and the passenger back seat release pulled off in my hand. How do I repair?
Welcome to the forums !

The simple answer is ....... just screw it back in...... Unfortunately that's easier said than done. The rod inside the seat is very short, try pushing down on top of the seat, exposing the rod and aligning the pull button with it. It's a bit tricky, it could fit in easy or be a real pain in the a$$, it depends on your luck and skill.

My guess, its the one on left side. Just checked mine, it took 20 turns just to get it tight again. The one on the right side was fine. Good Luck !

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the forums !

The simple answer is ....... just screw it back in...... Unfortunately that's easier said than done. The rod inside the seat is very short, try pushing down on top of the seat, exposing the rod and aligning the pull button with it. It's a bit tricky, it could fit in easy or be a real pain in the a$$, it depends on your luck and skill.

My guess, its the one on left side. Just checked mine, it took 20 turns just to get it tight again. The one on the right side was fine. Good Luck !
Thank you I tried the process you suggested and when it didn't work I check the inside of the pull knob and there aren't threads to screw onto anything. it broke off inside.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I check the inside of the pull knob and there aren't threads to screw onto anything. it broke off inside.
If you can look inside the plastic piece, it means it's not broken. The threads are super, super fine. The trick is to get the plastic piece inside the short rod. Try using a thin wire to get the rod to align with the plastic knob. It's been a while since I've done mine, it's doable but not fun...:( Whoever came up with that design,:poop: deserves a special place in hell.:devilish:.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
FozMon12
Subaru Forester Owners Forum
We’re the best Subaru Forester Owners Forum to talk about the best years of the Subaru Forester, modifications and reliability history of the Subaru Forester.
Full Forum Listing