Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I never ended up hearing back from them. Wondering if anything new has come of this?

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Premium Automatic
87 Posts
I just found this old thread. I have an '09 and when I look at it, in my head, I picture it looking like the Forester in the first post here! That is INCREDIBLE! LOVE the scoop and fenders. I'd LOVE to get fenders like that put on mine! And I agree the original photo is missing a custom bull-bar of some type! Thanks for posting this (2 years ago!).

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Premium Automatic
87 Posts
Here's a bigger picture of it - found online.

·
Registered
2011 Forester
53 Posts
That would be sick to lower it with the flares and paint it body color for the widebody look. :)

·
Foz Addict
1118 2.5 Premium& XT tour Quadraphenia Electromatic & the CVT
124 Posts
... A bit extreme for everyday use, but really freakin' nice looking on a functional standpoint.

Oh... I think I'd use it as an everyday driver. Prolly have to get a job out in the middle of nowhere to justify it, but wow, what a ride...

(only thing I'd do different right off the top is replace the metal window panels with heavy (and break-resistant and also replaceable) smoked lexan plastic inserts. I'd miss the visibility too much otherwise!)

·
Registered
2011 Forester Automatic
24 Posts
Hello all,

I just got my Roo a couple weeks ago. A simple pebble gave it a door ding, which I am not too pleased about. This sent me on the hunt for truck style fender flares, and rock crawling body plates. I want to make my Roo as much of a tank as possible because I want it to look nice for as long as possible. I came across this picture and I want it so bad! I have written to bushwacker, and plan on writing on their Facebook... If there is anyone out there who still wants a beefcake look for their Fozzie, could we make a team effort to storm their Facebook?

Without having everything custom made, I don't see any other rugged options out there. Let's face it, most of us can't afford professional custom parts, I know I can't. I don't think it's fair that we can't have a look that has clearly been made to market. It's a poor marketing and sales attempt on Bushwacker's part to make a model and destroy it.

·
Registered
2011 XT Touring 4EAT
94 Posts
Not a face book user, has anyone heard any thing?

With a lift and these flares and some mud tires the foz would look crazy cool.

·
Registered
2015 2.5i Premium
27 Posts
I sent Bushwacker an email and this is the reply I got:
"Hello Ren,
Thank you for contacting Bushwacker. Subaru has exclusive rights to the flares that were used on that particular vehicle. We recommend getting in contact with them as they will have the specs needed for a custom shop to design something similar.

Sincerely,
Stephanie

Customer Care
Bushwacker, Inc."

Yeah, and I've been told by another member that Subaru has no clue on what Bushwacker is talking about. So any luck, ladies and gentlemen?

·
Registered
2010 FXT Limited Auto
41 Posts
I sent Bushwacker an email and this is the reply I got:
"Hello Ren,
Thank you for contacting Bushwacker. Subaru has exclusive rights to the flares that were used on that particular vehicle. We recommend getting in contact with them as they will have the specs needed for a custom shop to design something similar.

Sincerely,
Stephanie

Customer Care
Bushwacker, Inc."

Yeah, and I've been told by another member that Subaru has no clue on what Bushwacker is talking about. So any luck, ladies and gentlemen?
Makes me wonder which subaru they got the forester from, or who it was from subaru that gave it to them. that could be where the treasure lies!

·
Registered
2006 Subaru FXT Auto
8 Posts
Came across this thread in the summer of this year, and now im wondering if any place like IAG in Maryland would take the task of trying to build a kit like the "Bushwhacker one"

·
Registered
2018 2.0 FXT-Touring CVT
2,912 Posts
That looks pretty cool.

Also, all good things take time... Or something like that.

·
Registered
2015 Forester XT Touring CVT
24 Posts
I checked out the site on fenderist. I think they are on to something. Looks to be a quality product and they recommend a quality installation by professionals.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts