Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2009, Subaru Forester
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I just bought a Forester 2009 and owner forgot to tell me about alarm code. Whenever I enter the car alarm blows out and will deactivate just if I turn the switch on. I have replaced the battery thinking it was a battery issue but the key wont turn the alarm off however.

Could you please help?

·
Registered
2003 Forester SG 2.0l
4 Posts
Do you have a FOB? My alarm sometimes goes off when I unlock the car but double pressing the lock button usually turns it off. Previous owner also didn't know the code so I have no way of disabling it that way either.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
40,534 Posts
@King Marv assuming you're located in the States as noted on your Public Profile, you can view security system programing information in your 2009 Owner's Manual, "Keys and doors", section 2. There is also information here on cars101.com.

If you don't have the Owner's Manual, I attached the PDF.

Please complete your "Public Profile"! Your thread(s) could be closed... locked if this is not done.
Bobby...

['07 FSXT Member Journal] ['03 X Member Journal]

Attachments

·
Registered
2009, Subaru Forester
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you have a FOB? My alarm sometimes goes off when I unlock the car but double pressing the lock button usually turns it off. Previous owner also didn't know the code so I have no way of disabling it that way either.
Yes but since I replaced the battery the FOB wont work and I dont know how to reset it or make it work again

·
Registered
2009, Subaru Forester
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@King Marv assuming you're located in the States as noted on your Public Profile, you can view security system programing information in your 2009 Owner's Manual, "Keys and doors", section 2. There is also information here on cars101.com.

If you don't have the Owner's Manual, I attached the PDF.

Please complete your "Public Profile"! Your thread(s) could be closed... locked if this is not done.
Bobby...

['07 FSXT Member Journal] ['03 X Member Journal]
Thank you Bobby I will review the Owner's manual to see if this can help

·
Registered
2001 Forester L Automatic
349 Posts
Oooh, this is a good reminder that I still need to verify the operation of my fob. Never tested it when I got the car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts