Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2009 forester
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, Sorry to ask, it's a silly question, but i'm interested in knowing if it's possible to just add the cruise control buttons in the wheel and also the radio controls in an 2009 4EAT Forester 2.0 X that didn't came from factory with it, i think is all pre-wired, using the part number 83154AG001 do you know if anything else is necessary to do so and of course make it work?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2009 forester
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bummer

Thanks man!, I,ll try to go with the radio controls anyway!, I'll let you know

·
Registered
2014 2.0XT CVT
3,083 Posts
I'm pretty sure someone on here has added the radio buttons but not sure about the cruise control. I'm almost positive the wheel comes wired for the radio but the cruise might be more complicated.

·
Registered
2009 forester
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just for all to know, I've installed the cruise and radio controls on the steering wheel, radio controls work ok, cruise, you can activate it meaning that the green light turns on, on the dash, but pressing set button does nothing.

I went to a Subaru service asking for help, and they told me that cruise is a factory feature from 2009+ and can't be added later.

Thanks for the comments

·
Registered
2003 Forester
1 Posts
@simonvi Hello.
I know this post is very old, but I want to know if you still have the Forester or not, by which I commented that the only step that was missing to make it work the cruise was to change the brake Swith. Factory brings a 2-pin switch, but for the cruise, change by a 4-pin switch (switch code is 83370AA001)

·
Registered
2009 forester
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@cristianrrl It´s very old indeed, but you know what, I still have my trusty forester, and due to more time during this lockdown I investigated on other sources, arriving at the same conclution that you mention, it´s all pre wired!, I had the cruise controls mounted since 2010, I sourced the part 83370AA001 installed today, just remove the old part and attach the connector that was tucked above the old one! (it has four pins), and boila, so ten years later, from now on I have cruise control.

I came here just to close this thread with my findings only to find out that five years ago someone found a solution.

Thanks man!

Now i'm itching to change my flyaudio GPS HU for a more modern sony android auto one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts