Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Legacy GT
3,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A member on lgt.com, itsme, recently developed a low cost FMIC for the LGT and 08+ WRX. The kit allows your to keep your stock fog lights, bumper beam, coolant overflow tank, and even re-use your stock airbox with a little bit of modification. Since the 09'+ FXT shares the same engine/turbo/IC layout as the 05-09 LGT and 08+ WRX, it is likely that this kit will work on an 09+ FXT as well. itsme (Brian) just needs somebody local to test fit the kit and see if it will work. He is located in Carson, CA.

Note: this is not an advertisement or an attempt to sell anything. Just seeing if someone local would want to test fit the kit, and if it does newer FXT owners will have a new intercooler option available. If it fits properly and there is enough interest, Brian could possibly sign up over here as a vendor and offer this product to the forester community.

FMIC thread: GI: New Low cost FMIC for '05-'09 LGT and '08+ WRX - Subaru Legacy Forums
Install thread: Racer X (itsme) FMIC install - Subaru Legacy Forums

Please post or PM me if interested. Thanks.

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
1,545 Posts
^^^
Maybe its that the SH has attracted a different group of buyer? Not really sure about that. Also, in my recent conversation with the service mgr at the dealer (these guys, dealership, were very big into the modding thing and all), I was informed that Subaru is cracking down on modding and what will be fixed under warranty if anything is done to the vehicle. I don't want to void the warranty. That's is the #1 reason I always have purchased new vehicles....#2 I know what and how the vehicle has been driven and taken care of. Case in point as posted by "Godwhoismike", his brand new SPT exhaust failed/cracked and SOA will not warranty it,,, and if anything goes wrong with the motor he may be "up the creek, without a paddle" so to speak. So for me in particular, nothing will be done. I liked the vehicle when I purchased it, I like it even more now. I would like to get some more oomph out of it but I am not willing to deal with a problem that I created. I have gotten to a point in my life where throwing $$$ away doesn't work for me anymore. No FMIC for me. If I really want a toy to race (as I am over the racing on the street thing to impress some other JA) I can buy a vehicle several years old, get a deal, and modify it to what I will be using it for. If it blows up....then I am out $$ as opposed to $$$$ or something like that. This is probably longer than most wanted to see in response..............sorry. This is just my take on it as others may and probably feel different.

·
Official sf.org decal guy
2006 FXT
12,516 Posts
^^^
Maybe its that the SH has attracted a different group of buyer? Not really sure about that. Also, in my recent conversation with the service mgr at the dealer (these guys, dealership, were very big into the modding thing and all), I was informed that Subaru is cracking down on modding and what will be fixed under warranty if anything is done to the vehicle. I don't want to void the warranty. That's is the #1 reason I always have purchased new vehicles....#2 I know what and how the vehicle has been driven and taken care of. Case in point as posted by "Godwhoismike", his brand new SPT exhaust failed/cracked and SOA will not warranty it,,, and if anything goes wrong with the motor he may be "up the creek, without a paddle" so to speak. So for me in particular, nothing will be done. I liked the vehicle when I purchased it, I like it even more now. I would like to get some more oomph out of it but I am not willing to deal with a problem that I created. I have gotten to a point in my life where throwing $$$ away doesn't work for me anymore. No FMIC for me. If I really want a toy to race (as I am over the racing on the street thing to impress some other JA) I can buy a vehicle several years old, get a deal, and modify it to what I will be using it for. If it blows up....then I am out $$ as opposed to $$$$ or something like that. This is probably longer than most wanted to see in response..............sorry. This is just my take on it as others may and probably feel different.
Well of course there are going to be people like you and people that mod. But we're just surprised that there hasn't been a single SH owner to show interest.

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
30,106 Posts
Yeah, I honestly think the SH has attracted a different audience altogether. Let's face it, the XT is pretty pedestrian now compared to the original version. No more screaming 5.6 second 0-60 numbers straight out of the box. Plus, all those issues with the new 2.5 turbo engines blowing would make me rather paranoid about warranty coverage too.

·
Registered
09 XT Limted 4AT
1 Posts
New member here.

I'd be interested!
I've been surfing the internet for days trying to find information on any FMIC that could work for my XT.
If Brian is still looking for a test fit dummy or if his product does fit the 09 XT, if you could, let him know I'm interested.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.