Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2005 X
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried looking, but didn't turn up anything. Anybody know if there is a rear camber bolt option for the newer Forester's? I know there are options for the front......no love for the rear?

·
Registered
2005 X
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think it will take the same offset bushing as the GR Impreza Whiteline KCA326. If so Powerflex makes one that seems to be better engineered.
Thanks for the info. Damn right after I posted this, I figured I'd check IWSTi and found a little bit more info. I seen a few people mentioned those Whiteline ones, as well as some more expensive options as well. Thanks for the info and part number

·
Registered
2002 Forester
292 Posts
If I understand you correctly, these things some from the factory with front camber bolts but no rear camber bolts standard? If it matters the car in question is a 2002 Forester.

·
Registered
2005 X
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If I understand you correctly, these things some from the factory with front camber bolts but no rear camber bolts standard? If it matters the car in question is a 2002 Forester.
Yeah, the fronts are pretty much the same, the rear suspension design changed for the '09+ Forester. For yours, camber bolts can be used, mine is a different story.

·
Premium Member
'09 STI
4,129 Posts
Informative reads, thanks again. Those things sound like a pain in the arse to install though. Hmm, maybe I'll hold off for now.
They are the first time. That's why I let someone else do it. :biggrin: You dont really need them unless you lower your car anyways.

·
Registered
2002 Forester
292 Posts
Yeah, the fronts are pretty much the same, the rear suspension design changed for the '09+ Forester. For yours, camber bolts can be used, mine is a different story.
OK, so that's a yes on no rear camber bolts then.

·
Registered
2005 X
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You dont really need them unless you lower your car anyways.
I actually come from the "wrong side" of the fitment track. Hahaha I'm used to buying wheels and making them fit the car.......I know, not the best logic.

In any case, I've actually got STi springs on my wife's Forester now, but am in the process of trying to decide on installing the coilovers I bought or picking up those GT Worx/ Bilstein struts (I started a thread about these a couple days ago). In any case, the reason I initially started this thread was because my rear rubs on big bumps with more than 3 people in the car. I figured if there was an easy way to gain some negative camber, it would eliminate the issues. I'm pretty sure the reason the rears rub is that the tires I'm running are a bit too tall (245/45/19) as well as the suspension being too soft. I'm trying to debate if I want to swap wheels again, and am wanting to go lower. Either way, I will probably need more camber to help with the fitment. By the way, those Powerflex bushings look like they might be the answer. A little easier to adjust...

·
Premium Member
'09 STI
4,129 Posts
I I'm pretty sure the reason the rears rub is that the tires I'm running are a bit too tall (245/45/19) as well as the suspension being too soft.
Yes and yes. I doubt any amount of alignment will help with tires that tall. They're almost an inch taller than stock.

I suggest you start over with the proper diameter wheel and tire combo instead of throwing money at it.

·
Registered
2005 X
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes and yes. I doubt any amount of alignment will help with tires that tall. They're almost an inch taller than stock.

I suggest you start over with the proper diameter wheel and tire combo instead of throwing money at it.
It's sort of in the works. I thought......or should say was hoping that by going with a little taller tire, would help with ride comfort. Which it did. I didn't initially anticipate going lower and wanting a firmer ride. Knowing my track record, I should've figured on it from the get go. Hahaha

1 - 12 of 12 Posts