21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT 5-Speed Manual
924 Posts
Yeah I’ve got you covered!

Nice new replacement flip keys for £80 a single/£150 a pair plus postage @ £7
www.facebook.com/jdmsubarukeys
Hi there - do you offer this service on USDM foresters? I don’t have a facebook account but I’ve been wanting to do this very thing for some time.

·
Registered
MY05 Forester 2.5 XT 5MT
2,083 Posts
I only have the 1 key and it's slowly disintegrating :eek:

@Muzza80 Can you do a spare for a 2005 UK Forester key, with the 1 button ? I have the standard Sigma Alarm Immobiliser system - M30 I think?

How much for 1 and how much for 2 keys please and what is the turn around time ?

Do we get a choice between the standard 1 button remote key and a fancy remote flip key with the 3 buttons?

Thanks

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,597 Posts
I only have the 1 key and it's slowly disintegrating :eek:
@Muzza80 Can you do a spare for a 2005 UK Forester key, with the 1 button ? I have the standard Sigma Alarm Immobiliser system - M30 I think?
How much for 1 and how much for 2 keys please and what is the turn around time ?
Do we get a choice between the standard 1 button remote key and a fancy remote flip key with the 3 buttons?
Thanks
Probably get a quicker response via Facebook

·
Registered
MY05 Forester 2.5 XT 5MT
2,083 Posts
@Ianb1234 Realised I never relayed the reply. This is what I got.

They're £80 for a single key or £150 for a pair inclusive of return postage. To allow me to read the immobiliser transponder chip in your current key I do need hands on a key (just one) to make up the replacement(s), So you send me your key via Royal Mail Special Delivery (£6.50) which is insured for £500 and guaranteed to get to me the next day before 1pm, I then create your new key(s) same day and send back by the same method for delivery the following day before 1pm. So for example you send me your key at 5pm on the Monday, I get them back to you before 1pm on the Wednesday. The keys come with blades cut, immobiliser programmed and preconfigured for pairing to your Subaru factory/Sigma remote entry system, it’s a simple 2 minute manual process which I walk you through. The new keys are complete replacements, your existing key remains as it arrived.

The styles I have that are compatible with your car are as follows, on keys with more than two buttons, just lock and unlock would be functional -

I dont need the 4 digit PIN as long as you have a working key we can add new ones (and change the PIN to something of your own choosing if you like) I always keep them [2 Button Version] in stock.

I chose a pair of the third option with 2 buttons
If Royal Mail do their bit, hopefully the keys will be with me on Wednesday afternoon.

·
Registered
MY05 Forester 2.5 XT 5MT
2,083 Posts
Keys came back today. They look very smart. I'll do the pairing process tomorrow in the light but it seems a very simple process.
You can see the 1 button key style from Subaru I started with.

(Why does this image auto rotate 90 degrees while uploading? This is landscape plane on my computer)

Assuming the pairing process goes without issue, I would highly recommend using @Muzza80 for a spare key.

·
Premium Member
2008 Forester Cross Sport AUTO
4,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Looks great. Let us know how you get on with the daylight pairing.

Cheers

Alan

·
Premium Member
2004 forester sti
1,455 Posts
So I received my new key today after sending the old key on Tuesday I followed Murrays's instructions to the letter and he did his job he messaged me to let me know he had received the key to put my mind at rest he then said the new key would be with me before 1pm on Friday which it was!
He then sent me the instructions on how to pair it which I completely ignored and phoned my bloke who does my alarm stuff (he's a bit of a tosser) he told me it would never work on my Toad a606 alarm and said bring it over and ill prove it, so I did .
So when I got there it took him about 30 seconds to pair it and he seemed quite pissed off I cant imagine why.
So Well done Murray excellent quality product and very good service indeed in fact I wish more companies would have this level of service .

·
Premium Member
2008 Forester Cross Sport AUTO
4,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Cheers looks good. I wondered why you didn’t pair it yourself, was it difficult? Cheers

Alan

·
Registered
MY05 Forester 2.5 XT 5MT
2,083 Posts
I finally got my keys paired - No fault of Muzza. The keypad on my Sigma system is a bit temperamental and picks and chooses when it recognises the buttons have been pushed. It probably took me 10 attempts this afternoon after some tips from Muzza

They work now finally :)

·
Premium Member
2004 forester sti
1,455 Posts
Cheers looks good. I wondered why you didn’t pair it yourself, was it difficult? Cheers

Alan
Hi Alan ,seasonal greetings.
I didn't do it myself because it looked complicated so to avoid any tears I bypassed the idiot!(me) and took it straight to some one who knew what they were doing , im not saying its hard to do but my alarm guy charged me £0.00 to do it ;)ps ive got say the range of the new key is amazing

·
Premium Member
2004 forester sti
1,455 Posts
I finally got my keys paired - No fault of Muzza. The keypad on my Sigma system is a bit temperamental and picks and chooses when it recognises the buttons have been pushed. It probably took me 10 attempts this afternoon after some tips from Muzza

They work now finally :)
What do you think about the range of the new fob its amazing for me .

·
Registered
MY05 Forester 2.5 XT 5MT
2,083 Posts
@Lockheed I was wondering if it was just me but I did think the range is better compared to the factory key.......The old factory key's battery might be getting low though?

Regardless, I'm happy with the new keys

21 - 40 of 40 Posts