Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Forester 2.5XT SS
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I want to play music from my iphone in the Forester, and have a couple of questions. First off, can I just plug the Kenwood kca-ip500 cable into the back of my factory 6 disc HU? If not, is there another iphone/bluetooth HU that will allow me to keep my steering wheel controls and sub in the boot? I've spent a couple of hours trawling through stereo upgrade threads on this site, but I can't seem to find definitive answers to the above questions. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2014 2.0XT CVT
3,083 Posts
The kenwood cable probably won't work but I believe there is a Subaru cable you can get (not positive on the 08's). Most new double din headunits will allow both BT and iphone connection and using the one of the PAC audio interface devices you can keep your steering wheel controls

·
Emeritus Forum Staff
2015 Triumph Tiger XCx 1 Down. 5 Up.
5,242 Posts
Hi all,

I want to play music from my iphone in the Forester, and have a couple of questions. First off, can I just plug the Kenwood kca-ip500 cable into the back of my factory 6 disc HU? If not, is there another iphone/bluetooth HU that will allow me to keep my steering wheel controls and sub in the boot? I've spent a couple of hours trawling through stereo upgrade threads on this site, but I can't seem to find definitive answers to the above questions. Thanks in advance!
Not 100% sure on the 08 HU, but older Foresters had Kenwood head units which will work with the ip500. However, you may need to get an Scosche adaptor to allow the ip500 to charge your iPhone.

Scosche passPORT Car Charging Adapter - Apple Store (U.K.)

·
Emeritus Forum Staff
2015 Triumph Tiger XCx 1 Down. 5 Up.
5,242 Posts
I 'think' that's a kenwood one so the ip500 should work. Might be worth posting in the ICE forum to confirm.

·
Registered
2008 Forester 2.5XT SS
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In the hope that it may help someone else, here's an update. I took out my head unit today, and there's no DIN connector on the back of it. There is one unused block connector, but that's it. Oh well, looks like it's a new head unit for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts