Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2008 2.5 X Premium 4EAT
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My rear sway bar snapped about 1" from the driver side end link and I'm having trouble sourcing a replacement bar. For some reason noone carries the stock bar. It seems the most common replacement/upgrade is the Whiteline bar thats adjustable with three holes. My main concern with this bar is that it may be much stiffer than the stock bar even on the softest setting, but I haven't seen any comparison specs to confirm this. I'd like avoid going significantly stiffer than stock because I want to avoid losing too much articulation. Has anyone had luck finding replacements other than Whiteline?

·
Registered
2004 Forester XS
49 Posts
Honestly, your best bet might be a scrap yard.. It'll come cheaper too.

car-part.com is my go to as an aggregator.

·
Registered
2008 2.5 X Premium 4EAT
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Thats kinda what I was thinking. I'm just not sure if I want to go thru hassle of installing a under-engineered part thats already been thru a good fraction of its fatigue life. I'm kinda to a point where I'd be willing to pay extra for an upgrade, but I don't want something significantly stiffer than stock. Stronger does't necessarily means stiffer, it would be possible to engineer one thats more reliable without being significantly stiffer.

·
Registered
2008 2.5 X Premium 4EAT
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Thanks that site could be really useful in the future. Doesn't looks like anything listed in my area right now for the rear bar.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts