Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT

Registered
Discussion Starter #26
@2.5x_sleeper it looks rally blue to me. I think they possibly changed the color, the engine compartment has a darker color, but everywhere else seems to be that rally blue color.

Attachments

Administrator
@Mike.sey the engine compartment color does look darker, but normally looks different, as it's not clear coated.

The rear, roof & sides says Sports, but that front bumper cover is the Limited, including the grille. Perhaps a fix after a wreck?

This is what the '08 Sports looks like:

More details can be found here:
I'd love to get a set of those bright anodized roof rails, but they're nearly impossible to find used & you don't want to know what they cost new!

If it was me, I'd restore that back to a Sports, even if you loose the fog lights.

You might consider starting one of these:
Bobby...

['07 FSXT Member Journal] ['03 X Member Journal]

Registered
Discussion Starter #28
@2.5x_sleeper Yes, maybe its because it was not clear coated, good point, I will look up the VIN later. Thanks for the link =)

Yes, the bumper was fixed after a wreck, luckily no damage to the frame on this one. I would like to paint or find the same color parts eventually. I think going back to the sports bumper would be better too.

Bright anodized roof rails would look nice! I love to browse the junkyard, maybe ill find something one day. Not going to modify this one anymore then it is, maybe if it was a turbo model.

Just pulled the motor out of the trunk, and its time to do some testing before replacement.

You know what I think I will keep a journal on this, thanks again for all your help!
20191203_211935.jpg

Registered
Discussion Starter #30
@2.5x_sleeper all done, thanks.

Registered
2003 Forester XS
@2.5x_sleeper I think you are right unless somebody hooked up the battery cables backwards and killed some stuff, even then the fuses should have protected the electronics. I can pull the ignition switch/key cylinder out and replace it if needed. I do not have the wiring diagrams for 2006-2008, I have been unable to locate them without purchasing a subscription.

could there have been a modification to ECU data to affect the ignition?

The current engine is seized and I have a replacement but am reluctant to do anything with it until I solve this electrical stuff.
Fuses don't provide polarity protection.

Administrator
@pbug56 from what I've seen on this forum, when the battery jump cable is reversed, the only fatality is a blown SBF-1. No other electrical damage, which surprises me, as I'd expect to see more system damage!

Bobby...

['07 FSXT Member Journal] ['03 X Member Journal]

Registered
Discussion Starter #33
@pbug56 that's correct, I have seen people do this and surprisingly a positive current does not fry electronics through the ground wires, from what I have experienced anyways, probably because the fuse blows before enough current can travel down the wrong polarity.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts