Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Working on securing a 2008 FXT (one that doesn’t have a rebuilt title and only 90k miles), and I wanted to know what are some simple upgrades that can make it a little faster? Suspension might be something I touch down the road but I’d like to leave it as something I could return to an unmolested form. Ideally also something a mechanically inept person could perform but I won’t limit it to things I can do myself.

Suggest away!

·
Registered
2007 Forester Sports XT 5spd Manual
355 Posts
Agree on turbo back exhaust & tune, made a huge difference on mine. Of course that will feel slow after some time passes & you can upgrade to a STi intercooler & turbo.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well now the FXT I was looking at just got bought :’(. Disaster. It was a fleet vehicle though so maybe better I didn’t purchase it.

While I have you guys here - any thoughts on something that’s not an FXT 2.5 but that I could get close to if I tuned/bolted crap on? Basically trying to find a fun AWD manual SUV before that niche is gone forever

·
Registered
2006 Forester XTE 5 speed manual
284 Posts
Well now the FXT I was looking at just got bought :’(. Disaster. It was a fleet vehicle though so maybe better I didn’t purchase it.

While I have you guys here - any thoughts on something that’s not an FXT 2.5 but that I could get close to if I tuned/bolted crap on? Basically trying to find a fun AWD manual SUV before that niche is gone forever
Nothing else out there that is similar. One of the reasons people hang on to them for so long. There are souped up estate cars, but they handle like estate cars (and seldom come with 4WD).

If you want a fun AWD manual SUV, hang in there for a Forester XT, I am sure one will turn up eventually.

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT Touring
278 Posts
you may also have to travel to find a real gem, I know a few folks up here in the pacific northwest who have flown out of state and drive their dream cars back as the prices are so outrageous up here for a pile of garbage :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts