Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my Forester XT 2008, has been cutting off its now been 2 weeks. We thought it was a battery which we changed, later was told its the fuel pump, changed then it was camshaft sensor which I changed but it's still not changing. We had put it on diagnosis machine and showed no errors but it's still not working, it's cutting and mostly refuses to start. My mechanic is now saying that it could be something wrong with the computer box.
Please help.

·
Registered
2018 FXT-T CVT / 2007 FXT 5MT
1,405 Posts
When you say it's cutting...what are you referring to? Missing when accelerating? If that's the case the first thing I'd look to would be spark plugs and coil packs.

2017 2.5i Fozy CVT
1,283 Posts
When you say it's cutting...what are you referring to? Missing when accelerating? If that's the case the first thing I'd look to would be spark plugs and coil packs.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Chalo, how many miles total? On the spark plugs? Have you pulled them for a look? Replaced them?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cutting meaning going off, it's miles it's now at 133,000. Haven't checked the spark plugs, but it's these mechanics who were suggesting coz I have no ideas about mechanical.

2017 2.5i Fozy CVT
1,283 Posts
It sounds like your mechanic only wants to diagnose how deep your wallet is- and not your car.

I assume you are paying the bill everytime he finds a "solution" to the problem?

I would complain. Ask him to guarantee his work will fix the problem.

No? Find another doctor that will.

And have a look at the plugs- when were they last changed?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts