Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2008 Forester SH9 2.5XT
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone ;)

somebody make Transmission swap in SH9 to a Diesel 6MT ?
I thinking that maybe if my transission broke i will put there 6MT from diesel
There are stronger?
There is no problem with shifter ?

some comparation 5MT 2.5XT transmission and 6MT Diesel
Rectangle Slope Font Parallel Triangle

Font Rectangle Slope Parallel Pattern

· Registered
2010 Forester 2.5X Base Model
293 Posts
I believe (not facts) (correct me if I am wrong), but your Turbo 2.5 has a vastly different redline than the Diesel. And the Diesels transmissions are geared very differently due to the torque of the Diesel being available much lower in the RPM range. Look at the 50 KPH/30 MPH difference in 5th for the gear. Plus you will need to sway axles, driveshaft, and the diff for the diesel. Does not really make much sense to me.

· Registered
2008 Forester SH9 2.5XT
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe (not facts) (correct me if I am wrong), but your Turbo 2.5 has a vastly different redline than the Diesel. And the Diesels transmissions are geared very differently due to the torque of the Diesel being available much lower in the RPM range. Look at the 50 KPH/30 MPH difference in 5th for the gear. Plus you will need to sway axles, driveshaft, and the diff for the diesel. Does not really make much sense to me.
Yes but i wanna make something like 300-350HP ( maybe a little bit more ;P ) from this engine and i thinking what i put there when transmission broke. diesel parts are cheap ( very cheap) and probably whole diesel swap can be cheaper than 6mt from petrol
Final ratio for both is the same so there can be option to change only transmission with drive shaft

· Registered
2017 Forester Premium 2.5i, 6-speed manual, moon-roof, fog lights, skid-plates, winch, 2nd bedroom
514 Posts
The final drive ratio is the value of the differential gear. Or as they said back in time, you have a 4.44 rear-end.
The final output for the transmissions are 0.557:1 and 0.738:1.

On the plus side according to your charts, the top speed will increase to 208 mph.

· Registered
2008 Forester SH9 2.5XT
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Probably i will never go top speed in both transmission. but probably for long trips diesel 6mt should be better for +- 150km/h / 90MPH and ofc I don't need to use 6th gear everytime :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts