Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning everybody.

OK so firstly my name is John and I am the owner of a Subaru Legacy 2.0d.
If I shouldn't be here as its a forester forum, I apologise and can someone please point me in the right direction as I can't seem to find advice anywhere. Thanks in advance.

OK so i recently bought a 2008 legacy 2.0d it seems to have been well looked after and serviced. It has about 180k kms.
On my second day of owning the car, I was driving on the motorway at about 120km/h. Whilst reining up a very long hill, I noticed the car hesitating and it finally cut out, like it had ran out of diesel. Sure enough I was getting low on fuel but my fuel light hadn't come on yet and the computer was saying I had 160 kms left in the tank.
Engine seemed fine and loose so I cranked the engine periodically and finally it restarted and drove fine.

About 15 kms later I got to a fuel station and as I came to a stop and pressed on the clutch, the oil pressure light came on and only turned off when I revved the car.
I refueled and started the car and everything seemed fine. A few kms down the road and the same thing happened as I approached a roundabout, as soon as I clutched and the rpms dropped, the oil light came on and stayed in a little longer and required a higher rev to turn it off.

I haven't driven the car since. Its sounds OK I think.

Any ideas of what's going on here? Is it the oil pickup that clogged so you think or is there an injector problem which is putting diesel into the sump?
Oil level doesnt really seem high though, it was when it was warm but once it cooled down it was the same Level I think.

I figured I'd drop the sump and clean the pickup, is this a good idea? Is it possible to do this without a lift an djust on axle stands?

I appreciate any help you could give me lads.

Thanks a million in advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi R50ss.

Thanks for your reply!

I'm sorry but Its actually the oil pressure warning light that I'm talking about. It's usually off and only comes on when there is low pressure.
It was this light that came on when the rpms dropped in the engine.

Thanks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.