Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2007 2.5XT Limited 4EAT
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent yesterday doing some rhinoplasty on my 07 XT Limited.

Installed black sport headlamp assemblies and front under spoiler. In my humble opinion this car should have been available with these options from the factory. I will never understand why Subaru pared down the styling on US models.

The headlights are from an 08 sport, obviously. Got them used for a reasonable price due to the hazing on the lenses. The guy thought they were way worse off than they actually were. I though I was going to have to do a full restore on them based on the pics I saw. In the end, all it took to clean them up was a bit of cutting compound and some polishing. Score!

The lip, well I'm not exactly sure in which market Subaru sold this originally, but I found a company on eBay (thanks to another member) producing re-pops over in one of the "stans", the one Borat came from I believe. The fit and finish of the lip is not perfect but it's not terrible. I think I can solve some of the gaps with better placed double sided tape. It could also use a coat of clear (I used single stage paint in a rattle can). Still looks great from 10+ feet.

Survey says?

Attachments

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT Manual
319 Posts
Looks really good! I gotta my hands on a set of 08 Sport headlights too. Where you find the lip?

·
Registered
2007 2.5XT Limited 4EAT
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
3 Posts
Tire specs please? Mine is 215/60r16 and I want it to look like this. Has yours undergone any lifting or still stock struts?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts