Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
61 - 80 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
2007 subaru forester sohc 2.5L
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
How can i find out if this car has the imobilizer in it? I just read in another thread that someone else had a similar problem and he found a burned out fuseable link under his intake. Where under the intake is the fuseable link and could that be my problem.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
@2.5x_sleeper thanks for the link i think i have a forester x premium that is all i got from that. I have leather seats as well not cloth. but i didn't see anything about if this one has an imobilizer.

·
Super Moderator
2001 Forester S, 4EAT
3,222 Posts
@trdriver71 If it came with the stock imobilizer, you would not be able to start the engine. Meaning you turn the key and nothing happens. It literally disables power to the starter, ignition system etc...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
I am not sure if this is factory tape those wires or has someone messed with the wiring on this car before.
Shoe Automotive tire Bumper Audio equipment Electrical wiring
This looks suspicious too.
Electrical wiring Cable Gas Wire Electrical supply

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
I just talked to a local subaru dealer and this forester DOES NOT have a vehicle imobilizer so if the computer is faulty i can just put one in from a local wrecker and it will work.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
41,262 Posts
Reactions: trdriver71

·
Super Moderator
2001 Forester S, 4EAT
3,222 Posts
@trdriver71 Rare as it maybe, but I think your idea of snagging an ECU from the wrecker maybe the way to go at this point. Although I would find out if you can return/refund if that does not fix the issue....

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
41,262 Posts
@trdriver71 NOT a recommendation, but if you're leaning towards replacing the ECM, here's couple thread to help with your researching. Also when searching the forum... members interchange ECU with ECM. Subaru calls it a ECM - Engine Control Module.
Bobby...

['07 FSXT Member Journal] ['03 X Member Journal]

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
When I talked to the parts guy at my local Subaru dealer he looked up my vin and I gave him my ecm part # and he told me that I have 2 ecm's I can use 22611AM301 which is the one currently in the car or I can use the one that ends in 302 as well. @2.5x_sleeper

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
So today I went out and got a new ecm and brought it home and tried it out on the car so I have spark now but before I could try and start it after checking if it had spark the battery went dead so i am going to try and start it tomorrow and see what happens. just as a side note i put in the same part number ecm that came with the car. 22611AM301

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
So today I tried to start the car since I replaced the ecm I had to replace the starter too because the original one was lagging then stopped working all together. Now it is firing but not starting I tried pouring some fuel into the intake and it makes no difference than when i don't. Just wondering if there is something I can do or check that might make it start. I have checked the timing belt and it lines up right I am trying to source a compression tester from a friend so i don't have to buy one but if i can't i will buy one and see what they are like but any other things to look at would be appreciated.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
So I finally got a compression tester and tested the compression on my cylinders and the test at 90psi, 100psi ,100psi and 110psi but it doesn't want to start still even if i pour some gas down the intake although it does fire like it wants to start and the occasional backfire through the exhaust and i figure that is due to pouring gas down the intake and the wasted spark system lighting the gas in the intake. Are those compression numbers average for this engine. they should be high enough to run though.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
A while ago I posted about not get spark on 3 cylinders problem was bad ecm but now it still doesn't start. I have done a compression test and they test at 90, 100, 100, and 110 psi I also disconnected the fuel line on the left side of the engine and cranked it over and it filled the small container in about 5 seconds so I think the fuel pump is good. Any thoughts or insights would be appreciated.

61 - 80 of 117 Posts