Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Subaru forester XT
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I own a 2.5xt with transmission code TY755VB7AA and according to my mechanic my bearings are all worn and I need a new gearbox. I'm looking at buying another gearbox from a 2.0xt which has the exact same transmission code (TY755VB7AA), will this still be compatible even though its from an ej205?

·
Registered
'14 Forester XT Touring
551 Posts
I'm not too sure, but isn't the 2.0XT's all come with CVT tranny? Unless you mechanic meant to say the N/A 2.0? Hope fully someone else with more tranny knowledge chimes in.

·
Registered
2005 Subaru Forester XT
12 Posts
the little flag tells me NZ, which i think did get manuals. in the UK you could get 2.0 XT manual.
straight fir, i'm not totally sure, but the part numbers being the same would suggest so. your Subaru dealer might be happy to confirm?

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 4EAT
63 Posts
AFAIK, as long as the transmission codes match, all of the internals, including final drive ratios, should be the same. It looks like yours is a 5-speed, so you don't have to worry about solenoids matching or any of that nonsense.

·
Registered
2009 FXT
46 Posts
If the transmission numbers match, they are the exact same transmissions.
I have swapped many transmissions between models and years and cared only about matching final drive so transmissions numbers never matched, but if they had the same number, 100% they were same transmission

1 - 5 of 5 Posts