Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT SG5 -> SG9
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I’m working on my interior and have seen a lot of these black, circular vinyl stickers (see photos) that cover holes in structural body frame and floor. They are not drain holes.

My questions:
1. What purpose do these serve?
2. Is it okay to permanently cover these holes/circles with sound dampening material?

There may be a ridiculously simple explanation, and I apologize if this is covered in a separate thread (I did look for the answer), but I don’t know what terms to use to search for an answer.

Thanks!
Automotive tire Grey Audio equipment Gas Automotive lighting Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle Trunk

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring
1,521 Posts
Often these types of holes are there for draining purposes as many manufacturers completely submerge raw bodies into rust inhibiting chemical baths, etc. during body painting preparations.

Without knowing every plug you wish to cover, chances are it’ll be fine to cover them.

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT SG5 -> SG9
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Often these types of holes are there for draining purposes as many manufacturers completely submerge raw bodies into rust inhibiting chemical baths, etc. during body painting preparations.

Without knowing every plug you wish to cover, chances are it’ll be fine to cover them.
@FelineFreddie thank you for the explanation! I had no idea what those were, very much appreciated.

Cheers!

·
Registered
2014 2.5i Limited CVT
3,194 Posts
In some cases, it may also be a pathway for a wiring harness for equipment you don't have or was not available in your market (USDM, JDM, etc.).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts