Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Subaru Forester 2007 awd. We changed the spark plugs and coils and now our car will not start. It turns over and acts like it will start but never does. We got it checked out By a friend to make sure We plugged everything in correctly. We are at a loss on why it will not start. Also we purchased a new battery(we thought that was the problem).

·
Registered
2004 FXT 4EAT
639 Posts
I would try putting the old coil(s) back in. Just to rule out that you have a faulty coils.

It's an XT I assume (considering you are talking about multiple coils)

·
Registered
2004 FXT 4EAT
639 Posts
We did that. And they are all getting spark. Still not turning over.
Hang on. There is a difference between "Not starting" and "Not turning over".

Not starting: The starter manages to turn the crank. and the engine makes noise (and you can see the alternator, power steering pump and AC compressor turning), but the fuel won't ignite, as in, when you let go of the key, the noise stops altogether and that's it.

Not Turning over: When you turn the key to the start position, there is no noise coming from the engine compartment (or only a "click") and no movement. Nothing "turning".

Which one is it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My husband will be home soon. I’m not as technical as he is with the car. Was just getting the thread started for him. He can explain things a lot better than I can lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry for confusion. Problem started with codes being checked after brief idle issues and check engine lit. Code said cylinder1 misfire and to replace ignition coil. Started off cheap first and went w spark plugs. Erased code and same symptoms when light lit again. Went ahead and bought wires and ignition coil. Changed wires first and then replaced coil before finally securing boots on coil. Currently engine cranks but no spark at any cylinder (confirmed with dummy plug) also have no power going into fuse box under the hood but no obvious blown fuses. Getting ready to take new ignition coil out to ohm both high and low sides. Unsure of if fuse box is in series with the ignition coil or maybe a separate circuit?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts