Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2007 FXT
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

My 2007 FXT MT/STi swapped Forester was recently water damaged due to Hurricane Ida. The water came up over the center console, but not the dash.

I called the local dealership for a replacement ECM, and they have no availability and no idea when they'll be back in stock.

So, I've taken to junk yards, Facebook groups, and now here to try and save my car.

The question I have is this: I'm assuming any 06-08 FXT MT harness/ECM will swap in. What I don't know is what all I will need. I've heard that these cars have chipped keys, and so that might require the ignition lock module? At the very least a new set of keys cut to my locks and reprogrammed by the dealership?

I really don't know, so I'm asking for any input that you guys might have. Any and all help is appreciated! I really hope I can save my car.

Attachments

·
Registered
2009 FXT
124 Posts
So as in STI swapped, do you mean it has a dual AVCS STI engine? If so would you not be looking for STI ECM?
Are you looking for regular FXT ECM?

The immobilizer can be reprogrammed with after market equipment, I have a X-tool X-100 that can reset immobilizer and program keys, or reset after cluster swap, so you could use existing keys, and cluster.

Sent from my SM-G988W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2007 FXT
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply! It's dual AVCS that came with the stock FXT motor. As I understand it, there a few minor differences between the STi and FXT motor of similar years for these FXT's.

To be clear, it has the STi six speed, R180 rear diff, Brembo's (yet to be installed), VF48, Grimmspeed larger intercooler. It was Dyno tuned, through the Cobb AP.

All of that is running through the stock '07 FXT MT ECM and wiring harness, with DCCD Pro Spider controls and VSS to run the center diff and speedometer since I have a 2018 STi trans in there, and not a GD series.

·
Registered
2008 XT Sport 5-speed
453 Posts
I'm not sure on this, but you might be able to get a JDM/EDM ECU imported, and reflash it for your car if you have trouble sourcing an ECU stateside...This might also be a great excuse to go to a standalone system.

·
Registered
2007 FXT
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not sure about a standalone system, what all does that entail? How would it work in relation to emissions/inspection etc? If you have any links or places I can read up on it, I'd appreciate it!

·
Registered
2009 FXT
124 Posts
In USDM, only STI came in Dual AVCS. No other subaru came with dual (dual AVCS is AVCS on intake and exhaust).

2004-2005 FXT had the same engine as 2004-2006 STI (single AVCS), but in 2007 STI 1st came with dual AVCS.

Some JDM came with dual in early EJ20.

·
Registered
2009 FXT
124 Posts
I cut the front-end off, threw a new belt and it runs pretty good, but it has slightly bent valves, I can tell cuz it has louder then normal valve lash noise on one head.

·
Registered
2007 FXT
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I cut the front-end off, threw a new belt and it runs pretty good, but it has slightly bent valves, I can tell cuz it has louder then normal valve lash noise on one head.

Aw man, another bites the dust! How was the core support and frame rails? And where are you located? Don't tempt me with a good time!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts