Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got a 2007 2.5X Forester and am looking for a good exhaust for it. I dont really care about performance, more sound.

Wondering if there are 2.25" axle or cat back systems that would bolt on or require little modification that are fairly cheap (less than $300 USD)

- Ive heard the stromung exhaust for N/A is perfect but it looks like they're extinct or very hard or expensive to get in Australia.

Im also wondering if buying a cannon and getting it welded on is something I should consider.

Basically, Im just looking to see if anyone has an 05-07 N/A Forester and has a cheap solution for a good sounding exhaust.

Any help would be great.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
37,840 Posts
@Nick2107 welcome to the forum from Oregon!

If you can get Magnaflow mufflers in Australia, you could have an axle back fabricated by a muffler shop. Take a look at this write up in my Member Journal:

Magnaflow muffler & Wicked (brand) 3" stainless steel tip installed!

Also...
For the best forum experience, we recommend completing your "Account Details". The optional information you enter there will display when members click "About" in your forum profile. You can also create a custom "Signature" that will display every time you make a forum post. The optional additional information you provide could mean getting forum member replies, or not.
Bobby...

['07 FSXT Member Journal] ['03 X Member Journal]

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited by Moderator)
Hey, thanks for replying

This was the cheapest one on eBay: Magnaflow 11255 4" x 9" Center/Offset Straight Through Performance Muffler NEW | eBay

Is this the muffler you are talking about? and if so im assuming if its correct, I can just get that welded on at a shop?

Also, 2.25" outlet sounds small and looks pretty plain in the photo. I saw in your thread that you bought a 3" tip for yours. Is that worth doing and is it cheap?

Nick

·
Administrator
37,840 Posts
@Nick2107 yes, I would recommend the Magnaflow 11255. Keep in mind what you see for sale is the "retail" version, which is more expensive, as it been polished. Where the muffler sits, you can't see it anyways. I painted ours with Rust-Oleum B-B-Q black high temperature paint.

Here in the States, the muffler shops have these mufflers in stock as replacement parts, no fancy polished stainless steel, which allows these to be sold for less much less by the shop.

Note that it requires a muffler shop that can fabricate a pipe for you. Look over the write up I linked you to, specifically this picture in that write up that shows the exhaust pipe being fabricated, custom formed in pipe bending machine. You can see where it's about to be cutoff with the pipe cutter.

Also, 2.25" outlet sounds small and looks pretty plain in the photo. I saw in your thread that you bought a 3" tip for yours. Is that worth doing and is it cheap?
Same size as your existing exhaust pipe. The exhaust tip is cosmetic & it can be expensive, or cheap. It's up to you as to how much you want to put into that. The muffler shop should have a bunch of these in stock to choose from or you can source your own & have it welded on.

Bobby...

['07 FSXT Member Journal] ['03 X Member Journal]

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@2.5x_sleeper hey, thanks for your help

I went ahead and bought the 18" on eBay. I know its polished but I had trouble finding other ones and would rather just buy the genuine (hoping it is)

Ill look into some tips for it. Im assuming tips for 2.25"?

·
Administrator
37,840 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@2.5x_sleeper All shipping on Amazon is ridiculously expensive for an Australian address. Im confident I got a decent deal

As for the tip, I'll definitely be looking into something if its usually that hidden without a tip.

Anyways, thanks for your help

Nick

1 - 7 of 7 Posts