Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi first time driver ever and I have a 2007 subaru forester and I have to replace one of the screws for the license plate light does anyone know where I can get it or what kind it is cause idk if I can pass inspection with a screw missing

·
Registered
2001 Forester
2,177 Posts
I'd start with the dealer. But I believe as long as the light works, ie shines on the license plate. I doubt they will even care or notice the screw is missing.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
39,795 Posts
@TaraT welcome to the forum from Oregon!

I agree with @bman400 as to the inspection looking for missing screws, if the license plate lights are working, no need for them to look there.

There are 2 lights with 2 screws each. Remove one of the other screws & take it to your local hardware store to find one that looks the same.

Also...
For the best forum experience, we recommend completing your "Account Details". The optional information you enter there will display when members click "About" in your forum profile. You can also create a custom "Signature" that will display every time you make a forum post. The optional additional information you provide could mean getting forum member replies, or not.

Note that your thread(s) could be closed if your "Public Profile" is not completed!
Bobby...

['07 FSXT Member Journal] ['03 X Member Journal]

Reactions: ForesterBill

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT Touring EyeSight
428 Posts
Hi first time driver ever and I have a 2007 subaru forester and I have to replace one of the screws for the license plate light does anyone know where I can get it or what kind it is cause idk if I can pass inspection with a screw missing
auto parts stores sell lots of types of fasteners, much more cheaply than car dealers. take out another screw from the other L.P. light to take into the store to check against what they sell. I would expect it to be something extremely common.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts