Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve have my ABS light on for about two weeks and I had it checked. The shop said it was my rear right sensor that needed to be replaced so I bought a Holstein sensor for $45 on Rock Auto (AutoZone was gonna charge me $170 for a Duralast). It’s getting close to deer season and deer are running all over the road and I almost plastered one due to the wheels locking up when I slammed the brakes. If anybody knows how to do this repair, please give me a walkthrough!

·
Administrator
15,410 Posts
G'day & Welcome @Taylon Fitch Should be similar to this:

For the best forum experience, we recommend completing your "Account Details". The optional information you enter there will display when members click "About" in your forum profile. You can also create a custom "Signature" that will display every time you make a forum post. The optional additional information you provide could mean getting forum member replies, or not..

·
Registered
2005 Forester X and XT Manual and Auto
948 Posts
The connector for the sensor is under the back seat, at least was on my 03 SG. If you take the wheel off, you will see the sensor on the backplate, just held in with one 12mm bolt. IIRC you don't have to take anything else off to get to it. Then follow the wire up to the hole in the body where it goes through to the seat area, unbolting any brackets along the way.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited by Moderator)
So do I have to actually remove the hub as well to do this correctly? I’m getting mixed answers from multiple outlets and I want to make sure I do it correctly so please forgive me for appearing rather dumb lol. Thank you in advance!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts