Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT Touring CVT
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just picked up a 2007 FXT Sports in great condition except for a few minor issues. One thing I noticed is that the windshield has the wiper de-icer heating elements, but I thought this wasn’t part of the ‘07 Sport? There’s no wiper de-icer button. It also doesn’t say Subaru on the glass, so I’m assuming the windshield was replaced with an aftermarket one at some point. Why would a glass installer put in a heated windshield when the car didn’t have that option? Is it possible the windshield is heated and it comes on with the rear window defrost?

The windshield isn’t in fantastic condition anyway, so I’m considering having it replaced as it’s under $300 to do so, but want to make sure the glass shop gets the right windshield. Usually safelite is pretty accurate with what they order.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
36,360 Posts
@fotomatt1 if you have windshield wiper deicers, you will have a wiper deicer switch. If the windshield was replaced previously, it's possible that's what was in stock, so it was installed.

As to what windshield glass brand. I opted to upgrade to Pilkington Solar, ran me around $250 in '09.

Bobby...

['07 FSXT Member Journal] ['03 X Member Journal]

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT Touring CVT
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh...also where would I get a Pilkington windshield nowadays?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
36,360 Posts
MS Glass, a local mobile glass installation company was recommended to me by a forum member, as was the Pilkington Solar windshield brand. When I asked MS Glass what glass options were available, Pilkington Solar was an upgrade so I figured I'd give it a try.

Bobby...

['07 FSXT Member Journal] ['03 X Member Journal]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts