Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
07 Forester X Premium
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day all,

Just moved over from Australia and yesterday went out car shopping. I put a deposit down on a 07 forester x Premium with a 5 speed shift, heated seats and one huge sunroof. The Subie dealer told me this is a rare combination, I don't know any better so wondering if anyone does..
Anybody know of an air intake system and rear muffler i can put on it.

·
Premium Member
2015 Highlander AWD XLE 6AT
4,255 Posts
Welcome, Aussie!

The standard transmission on the U.S.-spec '07 Forester X Premium is the 5-speed manual (MT). The automatic transmission (AT) was an extra-cost option for that trim level.

Here's a link to more info.

I suspect your combination is rare, depending on one's definition of "rare". MT's are not particularly popular here in the U.S., and they're usually relegated to the "lower" trim levels. I believe that most (all?) driver education cars are AT-equipped, and many people just don't like working an MT and clutch in heavy traffic.

On the other hand, it seems that many forum members have MT-equipped cars. My '09 X Premium has an MT :cool:, as does my wife's '06 Honda Accord SE. :cool: :cool:

Regards,
Jim / crewzer

·
Registered
07 Forester X Premium
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply

Most cars in Australia are Auto and you generally pay more for it when you purchase a car. I prefer shifting gears and always have had a manual car. I searched high and low for a manual Forester and only found this one at Patrick Subaru in Mass. Going to be hard to adjust as my wife has an 05 Legacy Gt with 5-speed.. Im going to miss the Turbo, but wont miss the price of Gas $3.13 per gallon!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts