Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! First post only out of sheer necessity because I’ve been dealing with this problem for so long now.

I have a 2007 Subaru Forester, the premium nonturbo model. It’s throwing up a Check Engine code, I got it read by Autozone and they gave me the paper for code P2097 Post Catalyst Fuel Trim Too Rich Bank 1. It recommended replacing my downstream oxygen sensor so I did and the code went off.. for about 60 miles and it flicked back on.
I got it read again and it said the same code again, I was told to look at the MAF sensor because they coordinate and I looked at mine and it looked fried so I replaced that as well. Still throwing the same old code. I also replaced the air filter because who knows and it’s still throwing the code.

Fast forward to last week, I decided to clean the electricals with electronics cleaner and so I cleaned the MAF connector and the ECM harness after unplugging the battery so it wouldn’t cause a surge.

I plugged it back in and it showed no code but I figured it was because I had the battery unplugged for a while and it reset. So I drove it a lot to reset it and 330 miles later, it throws the code again. I just got it read and it’s the same code as before - P2097.

What seems to be the problem? I miss my cruise control.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts