Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With no symptoms, like slowing down or unusual noises, the driver's window suddenly stopped working about a week ago.No previous problems.
When I press the switch a faint 'pop' can be heard from the switch area. The glass doesn't quiver when the switch is pressed, and there are no noises from the motor.
The other windows are working, and the electric door locks work. I have tested all of the fuses in both the cabin and under the bonnet, but they all seem to be in order.
Nothing is mentioned in the manual about the location of a fuse for the electric windows, and it's not identified on the fuse panels.
Firstly, is there a fuse for this circuit and if so where is it and how is it marked?
I have read that the switches 'auto' function can cause problems. I understand that holding the switch for an excessive amount of time in either position can cause motor failure,
which I see as operator error, but are there other links to motor failure implicit in the auto function switches?
Am looking for a way forward on this, any thoughts?

·
Administrator
15,157 Posts
G'day & Welcome @Willard

Based on your testing so far I would suspect the switch or the motor; more inclined towards a failed motor. This is from my MY'03 workshop manual; yours should be similar.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts