Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
04 Forester X Auto
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 04 Forester X with stock armrest (which you can't rest on :cool: )

I would like to get an XS (tall armrest) or something else.

Will a 07 forester sliding armrest fit in 2004 X ? (Armrest with console and cup holders going up to the ashtray)

·
Registered
2010 Subaru Forester
114 Posts
I have a 2010 Foz with the sliding arm rest. It is not quite high enough and slides backwards all the time. I think the arm rest extention sold for the 2008-2009 would be better (highter) I don't know if it will fit in your Foz.

I made my own arm rests out of a stadium cushions and they work fairly well. I really miss having real arm rests!

·
Registered
NA No more! :(
8,529 Posts
I have a 04 Forester X with stock armrest (which you can't rest on :cool: )

I would like to get an XS (tall armrest) or something else.

Will a 07 forester sliding armrest fit in 2004 X ? (Armrest with console and cup holders going up to the ashtray)
I would like to know too. I was just talking to Subtle Solutions and SUB4U about this yesterday. I wanted to get rid of my tall 05 XS armrest actually.. lol Want something that moves forward too.

·
Registered
04 Forester X Auto
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The 06-07 console looks identical to the 03-05 but no one can tell me for sure if it fits. I wish I could just get the armrest , but it wont fit to 04 console.

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
30,105 Posts
Nope... won't fit. The 06-08 center console has different mounting points for the armrest extension than the 03-05 ones. You'll need to replace the entire console as well from the cupholders back.

·
Registered
04 Forester X Auto
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nope... won't fit. The 06-08 center console has different mounting points for the armrest extension than the 03-05 ones. You'll need to replace the entire console as well from the cupholders back.
I went to the dealer and checked a 06 Forester with sliding armrest.
The 03-05 armrest mounts with 2 screws on top of the console.
The 06-08 has a metal extension which mounts to the bottom of console center compartment.

I guess it's possible to fit it in 04 ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts