Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

My FXT spun bearing yesterday (i was planning some new upgrades and now it will be done faster ! :D ) and my goal is 350-380 whp. I read many things here, but I'd like to hear more from you. I live in Brazil and runs at E100 (we have it at pump gas)

My engine ups:
Grimmspeed Air/Oil Separator
Perrin Short Ram Intake
Killer B Oil Baffle Windage Tray
Killer B Oil Pickup
Mishimoto Transmission Cooler
Mishimoto Oil Cooler
STI Oil Pump
Gates Racing Timing Belt Kit + Water Pump
AEM High Flow Fuel Pump
Bosch Injectors 160 lbs
AEM Wide Band Kit
Custom 3" Downpipe
Invidia Catback
...and sure a custom map.

Now, i'll rebuild my engine and almost purchasing the following parts (need suggestion about it):
Manley / CP / JE Forged Pistons
Manley H-Beam Rods
King Bearings (purchased)
OEM Gasket Set
STI Crankshaft
ARP Head Bolts

And I'm planning:
New Turbocharger (I gonna be crazy with this !!!!) TD05 / TD06 ? 7cm2/8cm2 ? 18g/20g ?
FMIC or TMIC ?
A Rebuilt TC (There is a local shop that can do this here). I think a changed stall to 4000-4200 (it depends of your opinion about turbo)
Master Kit from IPT (My 4eat is ok, but i'll do it anyway - A local shop can rebuild the tranny too)
EBCS Grimmspeed

I'd like opinion about everything !!! :D

My car is DD, i use 90% on the road, but love a 1/8 and 1/4 mile.

Below, my last Dyno Chart with T04, E100 and 18 psi.

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT Touring
279 Posts
In the states with e85, you can get pretty close to those numbers on a VF48, but i'm sure it'd feel much better with an 18Gxt or something similar. As for your other potential upgrades, i'm in the process of getting my TC rebuilt, but probably a few months away from installing (waiting for an engine rebuild that i'm scheduling). I've been very happy with my grimmspeed top mount and its much less work than trying to fit an FMIC, though some climates respond better to FMIC. I live in a relatively cool area, so its not a huge concern.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After 8 months...

Purchased all internals and...

Turbocharger Mamba GTX2867R - 7cm2
Mishimoto Intercooler
Mishimoto Radiator
EBCS Grimmspeed

The shop is doing the job, after all the parts.

About the 4eat, i'll do the resistor mod and a rebuilt TC. (I know that one day it will break....kkkk)

Let's see what happens.... I think it will be ready in 30 days....

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT Touring
279 Posts
you getting it back soon still? Looking forward to seeing how it does. Mine will be going to the shop anyday now, so I am getting anxious!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Still Waiting !!! :(

But got a call this week, they are getting progress....kkkk

I'll tell here when the car get ready....

After the last post, I sent the heads to port and polish and ordered an equal length header.

I Think the A/T won't survive 3 months....kkkkk

And your car ? Getting the rebuild ? Which parts will you use ?

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT Touring
279 Posts
Still waiting on my call back, the shop is all backed up due to delays from all the COVID stuff going on.

I bought a prebuilt block (IAG Stage 2 Tuff) along with a Blouch 1.5XTR turbo, Killer B Equal Length Header with a 38mm Tial EWG, Killer B oil pan, and a bunch of other small less important stuff that is just old on the car, so I figure i'll replace it while its all out.

The shop I go to also has a mustang dyno and they say they've had several 4eat's put out 340-350 on this sort of build without any issues, but usually after a few years the people do 6mt swaps if they end up keeping the cars lol. So I guess I know what may be in my future :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts