Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2007 forester xt auto
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply and hanger link. I am going to buy it (STI cat back). Cost about $95 and looks quite clean. My well used stock XT exhaust is now leaking with 260,000 KM on it. Good service. I was hoping to remain stock, but the dealer wants $1000 CDN to change the center pipe. Anyone know of a Canadian source for the hangers? They want very high tax and shipping for those. Would wind up being close to $100 USD landed.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
36,373 Posts

·
Registered
2018 FXT-T CVT / 2007 FXT 5MT
1,407 Posts
I believe that was if you didn't get the XL hangers. I don't have any problems with mine.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
36,373 Posts
I believe it had to do with the length of the STi exhaust being short on the Forester... the tip didn't extend far enough under the bumper. Some members reported bumper skin discoloration or melting from the the hot exhaust.

There's a picture of the installed shield on this post.

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Registered
2007 forester xt auto
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I noticed that the gasket part # joining the Forester XT mid pipe to the cat is different than the one from the STI. Which one is preferable to use?

·
Registered
2007 FXT
11 Posts
Glad I found this thread...I am currently running the Invidia G200, but it's a little on the loud side for me and I've heard good things about the STi exhaust.

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT Manual
283 Posts
I’m currently running a STi Perrin cat back with the longer hangers for about 4yrs now. Bumper is not discolored or burnt. Sounds awesome with the killerB header paired with a catless DP

1 - 12 of 12 Posts