Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
01 Forester Ltd
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI! Bought a 06 Forester 2.5 MT5 X Prem. Non Turbo,, with 02 wrx seats,, which are comfy but no heater, and not all the plugs match,, i want to diagnose the Air /srs trouble codes ,, and yes i have cleaned the connectors ,, i searched and found white connector taped near steering wheel drivers side under dash,, it is 6 pin plug with 2 empty and 4 wired ,, there is no pin numbers on plu to know which is pin 1,2 3,4 ,, 2 wires are live 12v's whith igntion off ,, does anybody know if this is the Airbag/srs diagnostic plug(white) . I have searched and can't get any info ,, or find the schematic ,, Thanks for any help!!.

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,684 Posts
@TECH MOD I'm not sure what that white connector is for?

As to the seat, the '02-'03 WRX seats, they are direct bolt in for '98-'08, should be a "plug & play" installation. No seat heater, but the seat airbags should plug right in.

The only issue you could have is the passenger airbag sensor, if the previous owner didn't reuse the Forester seat with the passenger weight sensor or just didn't transfer the sensor to the new seat? There could be differences between the '06 & later passenger sensor, but take a look at this post in my Member Journal: '05 STi seat upgrade - passenger seat - occupant (weight) sensor MOD

Bobby...

['07 FSXT Member Journal] ['03 X Member Journal]

·
Registered
01 Forester Ltd
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@2.5x_sleeper Thks Bobby,, Thats my conclusion also ,, i just would liked to know if the white connector is the air /srs diagnoistic plug ,, i will look into the passenger sensors ,not right away as this is a project car for next year. Thks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts