Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
06 forester xt stock
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having my head gaskets done on my 06 forester xt and it appears that my turbo was blowing oil. I'm trying to find a rebuilt turbo but I don't have the part number just yet, he is working on pulling everything apart. Is there a standard part number for a regular stock td04 turbo or are there several varieties? Any help pointing me in the right direction is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
2007 2.5XT Limited 4EAT
343 Posts
Standard part number...not certain. Likely its been superseded several time over the years. This particular version of the TD04 has been used on every turbo Subaru from 02-07...WRX, Legacy, Outback, Forester...not sure about the 08+ but probably the same as well. Point being, you have a wide selection of donors out there. That said, this part number will get you there: 14412AA451

·
Registered
06 forester xt stock
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Standard part number...not certain. Likely its been superseded several time over the years. This particular version of the TD04 has been used on every turbo Subaru from 02-07...WRX, Legacy, Outback, Forester...not sure about the 08+ but probably the same as well. Point being, you have a wide selection of donors out there. That said, this part number will get you there: 14412AA451
Alright I'll take a peek. I was looking at a new one but all the non oem ones kind of scare me a bit because there is so many out there it's hard to tell if they are reliable or not

·
Registered
06 forester xt stock
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
2007 2.5XT Limited 4EAT
343 Posts
Alright I'll take a peek. I was looking at a new one but all the non oem ones kind of scare me a bit because there is so many out there it's hard to tell if they are reliable or not
If you are considering buying a brand new TD04 get an OEM unit...the off brand stuff scares me as well. I would always rather opt for a gently used unit over a new no name any day. If you are looking to stay stock, a low mileage donor is going to be the least expensive, least labor intensive option. If you are looking to upgrade, the world is your oyster.

·
Registered
2004 FXT 4EAT
945 Posts
I thought you had to balance it and everything when doing a rebuild? Is it an easier undertaking then people make it seem?
But when you're replacing the cartridge, you're not doing a rebuild. You're just mounting the housing on both sides of it. The cartridge comes fully assembled and is already balanced.

·
Registered
06 forester xt stock
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@GuusV That sounds way more simple than I thought. I know cartridges can get a little speedy but I can't find a reliable used or rebuilt turbo to save my life so that might be the next option

·
Registered
06 forester xt stock
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you are considering buying a brand new TD04 get an OEM unit...the off brand stuff scares me as well. I would always rather opt for a gently used unit over a new no name any day. If you are looking to stay stock, a low mileage donor is going to be the least expensive, least labor intensive option. If you are looking to upgrade, the world is your oyster.
Do you think the 14412aa360 would fit? I found basically a brand new one but it came from an 02 impreza with a 2.0

1 - 10 of 10 Posts