Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as of last year i purchased a 06 forester x. Ive done some basic work like suspension and wheel and now id like to look to put more power down. Was looking online and found a 2010 sti engine block bare with just the case halves. I would try to build the motor and put it in the forester. In the process of doing this i would do the drivetrain also. Would it mount properly in the forester?

· Registered
2004 Forester XT Auto
519 Posts
Yes, the engine will physically fit and use the same mounts, and will bolt up to the trans. That's about where the commonality ends though...

· Registered
2004 Forester XT Auto
519 Posts
No, that is all attached to the trans and can remain unchanged. Or you can swap everything from an STI, it fits.

Copied from another thread asking something similar:

You'd need the engine, full wiring harness (as in, for most of the car), hood, all supporting parts (fuel pump, off-engine parts like solenoids, etc), various crossmembers, brackets, exhaust and probably a million small things. Plus the later foresters are entirely CAN, so you will very likely need body and transmission control modules, possibly dash and HVAC modules...I'm sure the list goes on.

Long story short, there's a reason no one turbo swaps N/A subies when there are turbo models available (though there are some WRX swapped crosstreks).

· Registered
2004 Forester XT Auto
519 Posts
Good question, I feel like they should fit but I'm not sure. That's the other platform and I don't know if the headers are different.

· Registered
2004 Forester XT Auto
519 Posts
I believe the exhausts are very different on the XT vs the X, since the turbo has a downpipe and much larger tubing, while NA just has headers and wants smaller tubing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts