Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Forester X 5 Speed Manual
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2006 N/A UEL Headers

As the title suggest I am looking for UEL headers for my 2006 Forester XS.

I have searched all over the internet and on the forums for headers that fit this model, but cant seem to find anything. I have heard that 97-05 2.5RS headers bolt up to earlier models of the forester. I have also heard that these headers will bolt up to the engine of the 2006, but not the exhaust. I am wondering if this is true, or if anyone knows where I can find headers for my forester.

I really want that boxer rumble, and if anyone could give me feedback to get me closer to rumbling it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've been looking for the same thing for my 2010 Forester. There doesn't seem to be much. It seems like the best option is to make friends with someone who welds or have a shop make a custom set for you. I found instructions on YouTube on how some guy made headers for relatively cheap. At this point I'm thinking it may be the best option. I'm going to check with an exhaust shop to see what they can quote me, but i doubt it'll be nearly as cheap as going with the diy below.

·
Registered
2006 Forester X
14 Posts
I'm in the same boat for a different reason. I checked here and over on NASICO and pretty much came to the consensus that I'll have to make my own. It'll be fun and a bit of a challenge. All I really need to find is a decent collector and I'll be set. Definitely would like to see an update for your fozzy if you have made any progress on it.

·
Registered
2006 Forester X 5 Speed Manual
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Still haven't found any, but this looks promising. Not really looking drop the money right now, but in the future I'm definitely going to contact these guys and see if they can fabricate some UEL headers for an N/A 06. They don't seem to be to pricey for how quality they look. Thanks a lot for the response.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I've also read and watched videos about the 97-05 RS UELs and it seems that it is the most "popular" option to get the rumble people are looking for. The only thing with that is you will need to do the entire exhaust as those headers obviously won't bolt up to whatever is down there currently.

From what I've found, getting a TSUDO mid pipe to bolt up to the UEL headers, then finish up the rest of the exhaust to your desire, is the way to get it done. It will also probably need a small piece welded onto the catback as it will be a few inches shorter.

jose Perez has a video showing his ebay UEL header setup on his 07 impreza.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts