Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

101 - 115 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
07 Forester XT Limited 4EAT
51 Posts
Yesterday my CEL came on, pulled codes this morning P1410, P2441, and P2443. I ordered the KS tech block off plates a while ago in anticipation of this problem, I'm thinking I'll install them and then leave everything in place for visual reasons. Should I not be driving it in this state? I think P1410 means the valve is stuck open

·
Registered
2007 Forester Sports XT
41 Posts
Add another Forester to the list :-/ I thought I'd been lucky at 126,000 miles but the dreaded secondary air pump codes started showing up last week. None reported open valves and pulling the air pump hose while hot showed no exhaust gases coming through. I removed the two SAP fuses hoping they would stay closed and I could just get the codes deleted later. That didn't work as after a few miles it threw another code saying one of the valves was stuck open. Now I'm in the process of installing the block off plates. What a pain as the downpipe/uppipe need to be removed. I chose that route instead of blocking off the far end of the RH valve's pipe since I have a newer turbo sitting around and might as well put it on as well. Subaru really should have done a recall on this early on.

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT 4EAT
16 Posts

·
Registered
2006 FXT 5MT
7 Posts
Mine threw the codes after I installed the AP this morning. I cleared them using the AP but they kept coming back right away. I uninstalled the AP and and cleared the codes with my scanguage II and haven't had a problem. I have since driven almost 200 miles with zero issues, any thoughts?

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT
13 Posts
Finished my removal and installed blockoff plates. Bought an AP for cheap and got an etune to remove the codes. In total it cost me about 270 before the tune.

·
Registered
2 Posts
WD40 really can avoid Valves damages?

Anybody know how to stop water getting into the airpump and the valves in the first place?

It's the only way I can think of to prevent this problem other than spraying WD40 into the hose regularly which I'm doing.
I had a look into my airpump and it was dry inside.
Can't see how moisture can corrode those valves any other way. I would imagine It must get pretty hot where the valves are situated.
how often do you recommend doing this cleaning? thanx!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi!..
Can u post some images of the block covers installed, and please!! explain, what should be done later in the system and how is it done?

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT Auto
3 Posts
Hi Everyone,
New Subaru owner here - bought an '06 XT with 143k on it. I've got the P2441, and I've read a good chunk of this thread- but admittedly skipped to the last page after about 45 posts. It's clear to me that the best option is to get the blocking kit and remove the codes - but I can't see spending $700 on a Cobb - as the only thing I wish to do is to get rid of the codes and go on with life. It looks like the Tactrix is the way to go, then? If so, is there any downside? I get that the SAI system only operates on initial start, so I can live without it - but I can't live with perpetual repairs with $600 parts and a day of time each time.

So again, my question is asking if there's any concern with using a Tactrix to reprogram the ECU to remove codes? I am also somewhat unclear if it can actually do that- never done this, but with documentation, I'm not afraid to try (quite capable on all repairs short of the core block (heads, valves, and camshaft)).

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2008 Forester Sports XTi 5 speed manual
323 Posts
@Lynn Catlin Welcome to SubaruForester.org!
Of if you haven't already had this fixed you could go to a local tuner I hear they charge anywhere from 20 to 100$ another option is to find a used Cobb for average around 350$ but I'm not sure you can use the software AccessTuner Race to do this anymore which means you would still need a tuner. Tactrix is your best bet. I have used an older Cobb and ATR to do this and it was fairly simple after talking to a few people it's about the same difficulty using Tactrix and whatever software you need for that.

Hi!..
Can u post some images of the block covers installed, and please!! explain, what should be done later in the system and how is it done?
there are some good videos on youtube. sorry no one replied to this. this place used to be awesome but facbook is ruining a lot of forums. :(

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT Auto
3 Posts
@RLucky82 - Thanks for the info! I decided a couple of weeks ago to go ahead and order the FSTech parts, got them today. Thanks for the links and info. Found a local tuner willing to yank the CEL codes for $40, very happy with that! Yeah, FB has unfortunately dropped the internet's IQ. Off to the garage here soon!

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT Auto
3 Posts
Okay all. After a rough fall semester I decided to get some long delayed work done. I had taken the Fozzy to a local tuner and deleted the codes. Haven’t had issues, but honestly I hadn’t considered the valves being open or closed, so I’ve been a bit OCD on getting the plates in (I.e. I must do this to be done). So I’ve got the driver side in and I’m stuck on getting the passenger side. I can’t get the lower bolt of fury. Is there a way to validate the valve is closed? If so, I’ll just remove the relay or fuse if I can (already did that for the pump) and put the car back together.

Other than that, things are going great.

thanks in advance!

·
Registered
06 FXT 4AT
9 Posts
I would recommend to everyone that has a working air pump and valves to pull out air pump relay. This will shut off entire system so you dont have to worry about valves getting stuck open.
Damn thing will fail eventually and you will have to go through block plates installing process which is a fair amount of work.

101 - 115 of 115 Posts