Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Forester X Auto
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a pretty decent deal on a set of 92x wheels and was hoping to replace my 16” steelies

I couldn’t find the offset for the stock steelies and was wondering how fitment would be. The new wheels are an inch wider. 16x7.5 with 38 offset.
Anyone have any insight if they would work?

·
Administrator
16,883 Posts
@kruucks standard is 48 offset and 5x100 stud pattern - I would be more concerned with the stud pattern; 38 offset is probably OK
Could you please complete your Public Profile; vehicle details at least; thanks. This thread could be closed if this is not completed. For detail instructions pls refer: Your forum "Public Profile" - how to fill this...

·
Registered
2006 Forester X Auto
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry about that, thought I had filled out my car info when I signed up.
The bolt pattern is still 5x100. I was just wonder if there would be any clearance issues between the extra inch in width and the offset. But it looks like it should cancel each other out if the stock 6.5” wide steelies are at a 48 offset, yeah ?

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
40,517 Posts
@kruucks I'm running 235/45-18x7.5, +40 offset, which places the tires flush with the fenders. I'm going to guess that +38 offset would be a bit farther out?

Of course the tire will make a difference. In addition, if you're planing on lowering, you may not want that offset.

Bobby...

['07 FSXT Member Journal] ['03 X Member Journal]

Reactions: Kevin
1 - 8 of 8 Posts