Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Subaru Forester 79V X Luxury Wagon 5dr Auto 4sp AWD 2.5i
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to replace my cracked sunroof but it is really expensive to do in Australia.

Have found some replacement parts in the US that are cheaper to get a hold of and thinking of replacing it myself.

Will the parts in the US fit or will they be different to the Australian models? One of the parts I've found is listed as '2003-2008 Subaru Forester Sunroof Glass Lid Panel Assembly 65430SA002 OEM'.

It's for a 2006 Subaru Forester 79V X Luxury Wagon 5dr Auto 4sp AWD 2.5i

·
Registered
AU MY06 XS Luxury Auto
681 Posts
Is it something you'd consider from a wreckers?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@ChadOWA Have you tried a wreckers?
Also have a look at PartSouq Auto Parts Around the World you'll need your VIN
I would think that the SG moonroofs are all the same but you would need to take shipping into account
Thanks for the PartSouq recommendation, that's a great resource. Doesn't show a moonroof for my VIN which seems a bit weird...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've had a look at local/Australian wreckers but haven't spotted a Forester with the moonroof yet.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the PartSouq recommendation, that's a great resource. Doesn't show a moonroof for my VIN which seems a bit weird...
Just found it on PartSouq (just needed to get the search right). That's a huge help, thank you so much.

·
Registered
AU MY06 XS Luxury Auto
681 Posts
if you click on the name under the avatar
You know, I thought the "WA" at the end of the user name was a giveaway, but wasn't sure as it was OWA. So I hovered over the avatar and got this:

Which I wouldn't be able to had I been using my phone! Now I know I need to click on it to see more.

·
Registered
AU MY06 XS Luxury Auto
681 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts