Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to find the bolt size for a 2006 Forester Rear Light Cover. Need to replace a bulb and the head of one of the bolts is starting to strip off so I would like to replace the bolt while I am at it. Thank you.

·
Registered
2015 Forester XT
18 Posts
Remove the bolt and take it to the hardware store. They usually have screw gauges that will tell you the thread then measure the length. Be prepared to possibly use a different head (e.g Phillips, hex etc) if you goto a big box store. Ace hardware would be better than hdepot or Lowe's but you got what you got.

I believe Subaru and Subaru genuine parts have look ups as well so you might be able to find the exact bolt and/or specs there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Part of the issue is that the bolt is currently corroded in place so there may be some damage to it when I remove it. Probably will ask Subaru.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
36,345 Posts
@Johnk if you want to buy new, I'd recommend contacting Jackie, @SubaruPartsGirl here on the forum. She's a forum supporting vendor & a parts wiz! Her direct number at Annapolis Subaru is (866) 509-3019.

Tell her you're a forum member, as she gives forum members a discount!

Bobby...

['07 FSXT Member Journal] ['03 X Member Journal]

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
36,345 Posts
@Johnk on our '08 Sports tail light upgrade, we found the threads on the bolts have a tendency to cross thread, so if it doesn't go in easily, back it off & try again! We also placed a touch of lubricant on the threads... my go to assembly lube is "Lock-Ease"... a graphited lock oil.

Bobby...

['07 FSXT Member Journal] ['03 X Member Journal]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts