Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After driving on some washboarded gravel roads in Oregon my stock radio simply stopped producing any sound. It would turn on and the screen would show that the radio was changing channels and volume changing, but there was absolutely no sound. I ignored the problem for a while and then the radio stopped working altogether with the exception of the green lighting. That lighting on the radio still comes on when I turn on the ignition but that's it.

I've checked the radio fuse under the steering wheel and the other 15A fuse for the clock, etc. under the hood and they seem fine based on a visual inspection. I pulled out the radio and the connections to the wire harness seem secure with a little tug test. I tried disconnecting the car battery and resetting everything with no luck.

Any additional suggestions? Thank you!

· Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
44,123 Posts
@jwhiting860 welcome to the forum from another Oregon member!

Did anything else stop working when the radio did... like the interior lighting?

Also...
For the best forum experience, we recommend completing your "Account Details". The optional information you enter there will display when members click "About" in your forum profile. You can also create a custom "Signature" that will display every time you make a forum post. The optional additional information you provide could mean getting forum member replies, or not.
Bobby...

['07 FSXT Member Journal] ['03 X Member Journal]

· Administrator
44,123 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I exercised the connector and pulled out my multimeter... And while there seems to be connectivity between the +12v and ground, when I turn the car on there is no voltage reading with the +12v accessory. I checked the connectivity of the fuses and they seem fine.

So it seems there is something wrong with the +12v accessory but if the circuit is complete, then I'm not sure what it is. As you can see I am not much of an electrician!

Thanks again for your help!

· Administrator
44,123 Posts
@jwhiting860 below is the wiring diagram for the '06-'08.

Fuse #9 in the cabin fuse box provides the switched (ACC) +12V (yellow/green wire). Fuse #2 in the engine compartment fuse provides the constant, unswitched +12V (blue/red wire) for the clock & the preset memory.

Bobby...

['07 FSXT Member Journal] ['03 X Member Journal]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts