Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Forester 2.5XS
39 Posts
Has anyone actually replaced the entire part assembly pictured above? I have a bad leak and ordered it but it looks like it may be tricky to get to the fittings. It’s an 06 WRX. Same problem area as all that have posted here. Bought some flared metric crowfoot attachments. Anyways just looking to get some insight if anything else needs to be removed etc. Jack plate is off just gotta get a better look. Thanks in advance
Hey, did you end up DIYing this, if so, any particular tools you would recommend?

Just had a look at mine, found the part at subaruonlineparts for 48.42 USD, planning on buying but unsure what I need to buy to be prepared to do this in one go.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
37,567 Posts
@cproo12 note that @SVT 551 last signed onto the forum 2 months ago, so you may not get a reply. You could send him a PM - Private Message... called a "conversation" on this new site. He's set up to receive an e-mail notification, so you could receive a reply.

Bobby...

['07 FSXT Member Journal] ['03 X Member Journal]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey, did you end up DIYing this, if so, any particular tools you would recommend?

Just had a look at mine, found the part at subaruonlineparts for 48.42 USD, planning on buying but unsure what I need to buy to be prepared to do this in one go.
I couldn’t get to one of the fittings. It looks like it’s a more difficult repair than I anticipated. I replaced the low pressure hose that was leaking with a 1/2” hose and used 2 clamps on each side and that worked for a couple weeks but it is still leaking so I’m thinking that there’s a leak higher up on the system. It’s turning out to be a real pain. May bring it in to have someone do it for me. Our local Subaru dealer is awful so I’ll most likely bring it to someone else. I’ll let you know what it cost when I get there

·
Registered
2006 Forester 2.5XS
39 Posts
Would like to add this official Subaru retailer link in case subaruonlineparts ever goes out of business.

Here is a diagram they provide:

The part is 34190. I ordered it and plan on attempting it with some flare nut wrenches on an extension. I will have to take out the left and right subframe and possibly drop the rack a bit to reach up in there. Will update after work is done!

41 - 44 of 44 Posts