Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help! My young daughter was playing in my car and attempted to put a fake key in the ignition. It beeped as if the key was in the car with the door open. Did not give it a second thought till I attempted to start my car.

now my security light is blinking and the car won’t start. The battery and starter are both new in the last 60 days. (Side note when I changed them the car would not start in park. I put it in neutral and is started right up) after a few times it was working in Park) tried this and nothing.
The security light is blinking and can’t get it to turn off. I think it’s the immobilizer how do I reset it. I have the correct FOB and chipped key?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@2.5x_sleeper Blinking even while the key is turned on. In the last of the doors have been unlocked by the fob the security light does not blink. Only if I’ve licensed to car and set the alarm.

In the past... only if I have set the alarm done it normally blink

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
37,804 Posts
This is from the '07 Owner's Manual, section 2, Keys and Doors:
Security indicator light
The security indicator light deters potential thieves by indicating that the vehicle is equipped with an immobilizer system. It begins flashing approximately 60 seconds after the ignition switch is turned from the “ON” position to the “ACC” or “LOCK” position or immediately after the key is pulled out.

If the security indicator light does not flash, the immobilizer system may be faulty. If this occurs, contact your SUBARU dealer as soon as possible.
There's also this:
In case an unauthorized key is used (e.g. an imitation key), the security indicator light comes on.
Bobby...

['07 FSXT Member Journal] ['03 X Member Journal]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts