Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
06 Forester, 02 Tacoma
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Previous owner stated she always pressed the gas pedal to the floor before trying to start it. Turns out, she knew something as it will not fire unless I first floor the gas, carb choke setting style?

TPS? or?

·
Registered
2001 Forester
656 Posts
Previous owner stated she always pressed the gas pedal to the floor before trying to start it. Turns out, she knew something as it will not fire unless I first floor the gas, carb choke setting style?

TPS? or?
Just to clarify do you mean hold the pedal to the floor while cranking/starting? Or Press to floor and release before starting/cranking?

·
Registered
2001 Forester
656 Posts
Press and release.
Could be the TPS, but one would think it would throw up CEL....I also went to Rockauto.com and looked up a TPS for your 2006, there is not a separate part like there is on my 2001. It seems to be integrated into the throttle body....

Have you tried scanning for hidden codes, ie codes that may not throw a CEL?

·
Registered
06 Forester, 02 Tacoma
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess this is solved. I stopped pressing to the floor and while it seemed to crank a bit more, it did fire. Then since I had the ECU flashed under recall for cold weather issues, it seems fine.

I am running some fuel cleaner through it now and it seems smoother. I have a P420 on and off that I am also fighting. In the other post.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts