Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT A/T
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys with the card holder, so i got the "precious" jdm business card holder only and turns out it does not fit my usdm 2006 FXT switch bezel. there is a middle divider that blocks the holder. what have you guys done to make this mod fit? i have no luck finding the jdm bezel that fits the holder. my friend said his 2008 usdm FXT fitted the holder no problem. kinda weird.

ive searched for threads about the holder but theyre all old and pics are gone. what does the back of the actual jdm bezel look like that allows it to attach to the holder? what have u usdm guys done to make it work?

they used to have kits that you can buy, below are some example photos i found on the internet. apparently they come with the holder and the bezel

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT A/T
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i dont see it working because if i dremmel the middle piece out, the hole is too big for the holder itself. meaning the width is longer than the holder

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,906 Posts
i dont see it working because if i dremmel the middle piece out, the hole is too big for the holder itself. meaning the width is wider than the holder
The OEM switch holder is designed to accept two switches where your blank/blanks fit

The business card holder, as you have found, comes as a kit with a replacement switch holder assembly which has a differently moulded section for the lower part. I would assume "your friend" aquired the complete kit.

Closer inspection of the holder from your photos, you can see the moulding is an oblong tube to accomodate the B/C holder

Switch Holder.png

which you would need to recreate to fit it properly.

Have you asked the vendor of your business card holder if the rest of the kit is still in the vehicle it came from ??

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT A/T
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no he didnt. as i know, 2008 usdm ones are design differently from the two slots. it is not jdm design but it will fit the card holder with little modification to it.

The business card holder, as you have found, comes as a kit with a replacement switch holder assembly which has a differently moulded section for the lower part. I would assume "your friend" aquired the complete kit.

·
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,906 Posts
no he didnt. as i know, 2008 usdm ones are design differently from the two slots. it is not jdm design but it will fit the card holder with little modification to it.
You "seem" to have answered your own question then.

However, having looked at the US parts database the "only" part number used for the switch case for a USDM SG forester is 66211SA220 which is as you show here......

·
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,906 Posts
damm anyone selling the jdm part then? lol
The standard JDM OEM item is the same as the US item albeit for RHD and part number ends in 210 instead of 220.

You require the item that was specifically made for, and supplied in, the card holder kit.

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester 4EAT
5,462 Posts
How "factory correct" are you trying to get this? If you just want to get the holder installed and looking as factory as possible, then I suggest you modify a USDM mount. If you're trying to convert your car to a JDM car, then you need to source the mount. There are a few importers that can probably order it for you if it's still available. I personally think I could get this to look very close to factory with a dremmel, a scrap from a stereo installation kit, some epoxy, and about an hour. The only thing I would mod would be the USDM mount, so it would be easy to go back to stock if you didn't like it. How bad do you want it, and what's your budget? Buying the JDM part is probably going to be WAY more expensive than doing the above. As I said in your other post, any local stereo shop should be able to knock this out pretty quickly.

·
Registered
AU MY06 XS Luxury Auto
586 Posts
Note that you are replying to a 3 YO thread
Yeah, I'm aware it's a pretty old thread, but wanted to include the pic for reference. It's possible the pic was posted before, but there seems to be a lot pics missing probably since the site upgrade, or photo service no longer available.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
40,234 Posts
@broadbean on the old VB site, pictures had to be hosted offsite, so they disappear as the poster changes hosting services, or delete their pictures. On this new XF site, picture can be directly hosted here onsite. Pictures can still disappear, but that's usually due to the poster deleting their pictures...

Bobby...

['07 FSXT Member Journal] ['03 X Member Journal]

Reactions: broadbean
1 - 15 of 15 Posts