Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
2006 JDM Cross Sport 2.0T 4EAT
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I recently picked up a 2006 Crosssports that has been imported to aus, it’s been running great and I’ve been loving it but recent I’ve started to notice a slight grinding noise from the rear to which I figured it was the rotors and or the brake pads, I was just wondering if anyone can help me by letting me know the front and rear disc brake sizes and the right brake pads, I’ve got the stock non brembo calipers. I also wanted to ask if most of the parts would be the same as the 06 FXT?. Thanks!

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wish this was as easy as you make it sound, I think because it’s an import, or something related to that when ever I put my vin into a Subaru vin check it always comes back with the result that it’s an invalid vin I’m not 100% sure why and as for https://www.partsouq.com/ the results were the same saying “Invalid Vin”. I guess this is another problem I’d like to know if anyone had encountered and has any solutions?
Thank you

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I’ve got no idea aswell honestly, it’s been confusing and no I’ve been using the 17 digit vin number it worked once a while back on a website but now it just doesn’t seem to work anywhere

· Registered
MY05 Forester 2.5 XT 5MT
3,549 Posts
BP5 is a Subaru Legacy VIN number. Your Forester should start with SG5

Your Cross Sport has same year WRX brake compatibility from memory
Same front discs as the same year XT which is the same as the WRX.
The rears should be 266mm diameter discs but vented - Double check the disc sizes with what you have currently and if in doubt, post a photo of the rear calipers.

**Assuming your Cross Sport is the Turbo version. I've no idea on the non turbo version as haven't seen one in the flesh.
For reference, the vented rears are 18mm thick while the non-vented rear version are 10mm thick

· Registered
MY05 Forester 2.5 XT 5MT
3,549 Posts
[ View attachment 571816
I tried this code and it worked perfectly, thank you so much for the help, it turns out it uses the standard 266mm rear rotors. Once again thank you so much I appreciate the help!
@soobyhobby his thread reads as if his VIN did not work at Partsouq and you gave him a Legacy VIN to try, without stating it is a Legacy VIN, which he then tried and found it worked.

Just making sure there's some clarity for OP and anyone else who stumbles across this thread later on in time. Don't want OP assuming Legacy parts will fit his Cross Sport !

· Registered
2009 FXT
508 Posts
@soobyhobby his thread reads as if his VIN did not work at Partsouq and you gave him a Legacy VIN to try, without stating it is a Legacy VIN, which he then tried and found it worked.

Just making sure there's some clarity for OP and anyone else who stumbles across this thread later on in time. Don't want OP assuming Legacy parts will fit his Cross Sport !
No he fully understood I gave him a sample of what he was to use. And it worked for him, as he stated.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

@soobyhobby his thread reads as if his VIN did not work at Partsouq and you gave him a Legacy VIN to try, without

No no I automatically went to my engine bay and got the code that he was implying I’d use and it worked perfectly but thank you for your concern everything’s all well now!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts