Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys and Girls
I own a subaru forester 2006
I’m just wondering if you can help I love the look of this and for the life of me I can not find it at all I want to put a head unit in there and what time of head unit fits in there sorry I’m new to this I starting to get into cars more well my car I love subaru forester 2006
Thank you in advance also

·
Registered
81 Posts
Welcome to the forum, @Johnnytay. What you will be looking at is a double DIN head unit like this:

It occupies two DIN slots so it can accommodate features such as touch screen, navigation, reverse camera, etc.

You can do it yourself but if you are not sure, head to your favourite auto accessories shop and they can usually install it for you at a decent price.

Check out Repco's inventory: Head Units - Car Head Units | Repco Auto Parts. There are plenty of stores there so make sure you check out what you want. In places like Repco or Supercheap, you can even test all the features as most products will be displayed there.

What you want is to install something with Android Auto or Apple Carplay or both for future proofing. You can stick with the good name brands, especially if you want high quality audio.

There are also android units that are available online but they usually have poor audio quality. Cheers.

·
Registered
2011 Subaru Forester
1,304 Posts
Youtube is your friend. You will be able to find install videos for your exact model.
I installed one of these in my 2011 and its been great. You can find them even cheaper on Aliexpress, and a good thing is it comes with a proper wiring loom for your model which simplifies the installation a fair bit. It definitely modernizes the vehicle

1 - 3 of 3 Posts