Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Subaru Forester LL Bean
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I am sure everyone is familiar with the black "dimpled" soft touch black area of the dash which extends to the tops of the inner door panels on Foresters up to 2008: Here's a pic showing the area/trim I mean: (I have the same black / tan interior like the pic)

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Steering part Steering wheel

Mine is old and faded and I would like to bring to back to its original uniform "darkness" without it being shiny in the end. It is NOT dirty: just old and faded - uniformly faded at least
I have cleaned it and used Meg's interior detailer AND NextZett (formerly Einszett) cockpit premium. Both great products that enhance and protect and EXISTING good surface. I knew those products or anything similar works only to protect and enhance but not RESTORE/Refresh. So they really didn't reach my goal, which I knew already.

Is there any product that can refresh the black dimpled pattern trim area or restore its blackness somewhat back to normal? I played with the idea of Solution Finish which is a dye, BUT it is not recommended for any INTERIOR trim/plastics/rubber...
And I can't find a similar product for INTERIORS.... all the refreshing/restoring products ( Back to Black and such clever and predictable brands) seem to always cater for the EXTERIOR panels...

I am thinking there must be something like that (as in a product you can apply as a dye or re-introduce the color) for the interior trims too....

Any tips / recc's would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2008 LL Bean (4EAT)
5,163 Posts
This is the faux-perforation vertical band below the dash and at the upper part of the door panels. My material is still like new like the picture. If your damage is from sun and not wear or some chemical product, I think Back to Black would be worth a test application where the ends of the dash are covered by the doors. It is made for restoring UV damage.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts